Friday, February 6, 2009

Cards


One of my hobbies is rubber stamping! I like to make cards and send them to people. The past couple of years that has been a little hard. With six kids I am lucky to get the mail in let alone send much out except for the bills. But the kids are getting older and I have been finding a little more time to work on this.

It is such a blessing to send a card to a shut-in or someone that is hurting. Even if you don't make your own cards (actually if you bought them you would probably send them faster because you save a step) you can send a card to someone and for around $1 you can brighten someones day.


(just a note--one of the cards my mom made--2 of the cards i made at a workshop at her house)


2 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my goodness, Julie, I didn't know you had a blog!! I just came across it tonight. I will be sure and check it often. I just read your post about your Dad. He was such a special man, I have many great memories of him. He was always such a positive person that let his light shine.

Your cards are so beautiful...you have quite the talent.

Erin Laukhuf

Anonymous said...

I was lucky enough to receive one of your cards (a Christmas card when I taught either Lauren or Logan in Sunday School). It was beautiful! Glad you can get back to your hobby:D
Sarah Q