Friday, May 8, 2009

Ticked off

It has been a crazy week, trying to get flowers planted, Mother's Day things done, school programs--you know how life can be. LIFE WITH THE LEHMAN'S is no different.

Yesterday, Ub, Boog and I are getting ready to go to the Spring Band and Choir concert; like any good mother I am giving the kids a quick bath. I am thinking "I'll just put them in the tub real quick and we will have time to stop and pick up a couple things while we are out." Oh how quickly plans can change. Once again, here is how the story goes:

Ubby is done and half dressed. Lexi is still in the tub--I am ready to wash her hair.


Me: OK Boog--let's scrub you down. (Put shampoo in my hand)

Me: We need to hurry--(as i put the shampoo in her hair)

Me: (I see something in her hair) Lex what is in your hair?

Lexi: I don't know---Probably food!


Me: (I try to pick it out) Lexi I think you have another tick. (She gets out of the tub)


Me: Let's go to the kitchen so we can have better lighting. Sure enough whatever it is, is attached to my child once again.


Now this one looks different, but since I can't just remove it with my fingers I assume it is a tick. I quickly put my new tick removal skills into high gear. I honestly think the good DR would have been impressed with how well I listened to him and how I used that knowledge.

Keep in mind, this looks different and this one is still moving while being stuck in the top of her head!!! GROSS!!!


I am not going to go into all the details of removal--it was a little more difficult to get out than I had expected! I was able to do it without going to see the good DR; however, I did call and they did ask me to take the critter (the tick not Lexi) in to be checked out since he looked different from our first critter.


Here is the critter ready to go to the DR. He is just crawling around the baggy! (When I took him to see the DR he was still moving!!)

We did manage to make to our concert!! (After a quick stop and the good DR to drop off our friend.)

Lexi--she was a real champ I had to pull pretty hard and she didn't make a noise.

OK--this is just her being crazy I don't think it has anything to do with her meeting with a new tick.

See-- she is just fine!! Well at least as fine as our Boog will ever get!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Ewww, gross once again! Shawn said he likes ticks just about as much as I like cockroaches (it's a long story)! So glad you found it and took care of the yucky thing.

Have a great weekend.

Vanessa said...

EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW-that thing looks gross!!!!

Susie said...

Way to go Julie! The things we mothers have to do! I have never dealt with a tick but I have dealt with a leech( Yuck, Yuck, Yuck! ) I am glad you got it taken care of. It would have to Lexi! I hope this will be your last tick experience but some how I doubt it!
Happy Mother's Day!
Suz

sarah.flyingkites said...

That is so disgusting!!! That thing is HUGE!!

Way to go Julie - you are quite the exterminator!