Friday, October 9, 2009

Lehman Test Kitchen 1.2

I know I have blogged before about my love for Pampered Chef items. Here again, is one of my favorites.

The mix and chop!!!

I believe that is its name. I think it was designed to chop your ground meat while browning it in the skillet or crock pot (one of my favorite things). However, I may be way behind the times, but I like to use it when mixing up meatballs or meat loaf. It works very well and keeps your hands out of the meat, eggs and whatever else is in your recipe.

Speaking of recipe I thought I would share my favorite meatball recipe.

Meatballs:

  • 3 lbs hamburger
  • 1-2 cloves garlic (1/2 tsp)
  • 1 13 oz evaporated milk
  • 2 tsp salt
  • 2 c quick oats
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tsp chili powder
    onion

    Mix all ingredients together and form into balls. Bake at 350 for about 1 hour. For the last 20 minutes of baking cover them with the following sauce.

Sauce:

  • 2 c Ketchup
  • 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1 1/2 c brown sugar
  • 1-2 cloves garlic
    onion

This sauce can be made ahead and stored in the fridge. It is great on all sorts of things. Just a note: I like to make the meatballs ahead and freeze them raw. I pull them out frozen and put them in the oven. They are great for when you need a good meal in a hurry.

Hope you all have a really good weekend.

No comments: