Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First/Second day of school


Today is Lexi's first official day of school. Yesterday, she and I went to a meeting, the others had their first day of school. She got to meet the teacher and the kids in her class. They got to test out the new playground while I sat in her chair for a good 45 minutes and heard about what the will be doing this year.
So this morning she got in line with the others to get on the bus.

Lexi has spent many days watching the bus come and go, but today she finally got to get on the bus. She climbed the steps, when she got on--she just stood there and looked at all the kids. (That didn't last long the 4 other kids behind her gave her a push as she looked for her new friend Alexa).

Hope they have a great first/second day!!!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

What a sweet post! I love the "ceremonial" first days! I can/ can't wait for my boys' first day pictures! ;)

Pam said...

is lexi in first or kindergarten? fun pictures! there was NO WAY i was getting james to pose for me yesterday! :)

Tara Steffen Fotos said...

Yea Lexi! I love the stair step photo! The older kids are like, "Awe Mom"!

Too cute!

Jane E said...

That is so special! That FIRST day of school comes so fast- a cool day like today makes me remember the days of 'going back to school'. Have a great year! :)Jane

Anonymous said...

lexi looks STIPD!!!! lyndsi